Saturday 15 July 2017

A Big Week - day 6

Main headline: Immi had a short seizure at 1.10am and then a 2 min one at 10am. Electrical activity is picking up in her brain as the anaesthetic is wearing off (as shoen on the monitoring). So more seizures will probably appear.

Apart from that, life is slow in hospital on a Saturday. The highlights of my day have been doing a load of washing, buying a "Pinkie Pie" helium balloon and (more importantly)...visitors. 

Visitors are sooo important. Please never underestimate the value of visiting someone in hospital even if it is just for 5 minutes, even if you feel it wasnt really worth it, even if the patient gives you the cold shoulder (sorry for those who received a frosty reception from Immi this week!) Even if the people staying in hospital can barely string two words together because their sleep deprived minds have gone to mush!  I can tell you it is worth it. For the patient it is worth it. For their family it is worth it. It speaks so much. You don't even have to say anything. Presence speaks volumes it says "I value you. I think you are worth my time. I think you are worth my car park charge!" 

This week we have had a number of visitors. Some from nearby, some even also staying in hospital in other wards, some battling train cancellations to get here, some are family, some are friends who I haven't seen for ages, some are even friends I have never actually met in the flesh before but "met" through a face book group. Each person has sacrificed time for us, each person has communicated love and shown with their actions that they care. Each person has made themself available. And for each person...I am thankful. Xxx


Tomorrow Murray is going to be guest blogger and I'm going to keep quiet for a day! ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment