Wednesday 28 November 2018

Recovery Day 7

So we are home, but oh my word I cannot believe how exhausted, emotional and yuck I feel today! Immi is doing well, she is sat watching DVDs, still a bit swollen but not much pain and no seizures so far today so that’s all good news. I on the other hand feel a bit like a computer that has crashed! There is a bit of a standing joke in my family (and at work) that I leave all the tabs open on my computer and my brain tends to work similarly. I think I may have frozen!! I am struggling to get my brain to function at all and am not sure if it’s just an emotional crash down, a reaction to the rubbish food I’ve eaten over the last couple of weeks, or if I’m fighting a cold. Either way, feeing pretty rubbish and just concentrating on looking after Immi, feeding the family and getting washing done!

In this place though, I don’t want to have a big pity party but rather, shout out to all the parents who are caring for children and loved ones over months in hospital.  How they keep going and keep giving is astounding and so admirable. So to Anne travelling from Tewkesbury to BCH each week at the moment and to Chris who basically lived at BCH for a couple of years. My love and greatest admiration to you.
With loads of love,

K xx










No comments:

Post a Comment