Friday 16 November 2018

Pre op stress

So we are sat at A&E on Fri eve before surgery on a Tuesday. This evening Immi came to me and showed me her finger. “My finger is sore,” she said. I looked and the finger around. Her nail on her middle finger of her left hand was red, sore, puffy and painful looking. My immediate thought was - what about Tuesday?!
After a bit of deliberation I called our gp surgery, but of course it was too late; closed until Monday. I wrote to some friends whose children have also had surgery to see what they thought. Considered calling 111 and then realised that I have the phone number of the ward in Birmingham that she will be on.
I have them a call and they told us to come straight to the walk in. So here we are, having just been told she will have antibiotics.
Yet again the nhs have done us proud. So thankful we can get prompt, effective treatment that means hopefully she can still have her surgery.
If you are a pray-er, please do pray this doesn’t effect her surgery.
We will keep you updated xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment